Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Two Months into the Priesthood.

Two Months into the Priesthood.

Two months ago, precisely, on the 24th of September 2011, I was ordained a priest of the Holy Catholic Church. To my greatest surprise, it was so ellaborate an event. God blessed the ocassion with much pump and joy. There were so many friends and family members travelling from all parts of the country to share my joy with me. The next day was the day of my first Mass. I could not imagine my poor sinfull presiding over so great numbers of Christ's faithfull. I was so touched. What has my God made me? Can I live the enormous responsibilities my God my given me? These and many other question kept going through my mind.

That first Mass I celebrated so inspired me that till today it has continued to be new to me everyday I celebrate it. I resolved, at that first Mass, at the point when I held the sanctisimum in my hand before communion, that I would be a saint, that this would be my greatest ambition as a priest. Surprisingly, after Mass that day, a friend asked me, "now what next?" My reply was so simple and direct, "to strive towards holiness of life and sainthood!" My reply for her made no sense. I noticed this the way she looked at me and said, "and ....?" All I could say was, "just that", with the question, " is that not a big ambition?" She shrugged and left.

Two months now, and this has continued to be the one desire - to be so configured into Christ that I totally loose myself for/in him. Every new day have come and gone with challenges, but they all have been stepping stones to greater heights.

I thank God for his many graces, inspirations aninkiness and hope among your people. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment